NEW PROJECT: MUSIC ...

Notifications

NEW PROJECT: MUSIC FOR AN IMAGINARY CARTOON  

RSS

brett
(@brett)
18/12/2019 8:43 am  

Having grown up on the old cartoons of Disney, Warner Brothers, and others, I've always wanted to write a piece for wind band or orchestra that emulated what I heard and loved as a kid. My idea is to write a piece of typical cartoon length (5 minutes or so) that allows the listener to close their eyes and imagine their own plot. I'm definitely thinking of a piece in which the audience is allowed and ENCOURAGED to laugh out loud! I intend to include quotes of (or section at least reminiscent of) the usual cartoon-ish classical warhorses like William Tell, Light Cavalry, Romeo and Juliet, and others. While writing this at a grade 5 or so would be easier on my end, I can certainly make it work for grade 4-6. Ideally, for a 5-minute piece, I'd ask for a fee of $5000, but I'm very happy to negotiate that. If you're interested in the piece, we can find a happy middle-ground in your budget. I think I could probably deliver score and parts at some point in the summer of 2020 or afterwards, although I have some wiggle-room in my schedule if you need it sooner.

If you'd like to hear some of my music, you can visit my catalogue here on the WP site:  https://www.world-projects.net/product-tag/brett-abigana/  

Contact me by replying to this post if you're interested or if you have any questions! You can also email me at brett@brettabigana.com.

SUMMARY

-5 min Grade 4-6 piece for orchestra or wind band for an imaginary cartoon

-Score and parts delivered in Summer 2020

-$5000 commission fee, but this is negotiable

Share:

Performance Tours

Music Festivals

New Music